- The department has been consistently achieving top five ranking in the first year university results among the 577 affiliated Engineering colleges for the past six years.
- The department has achieved 99.07% results in the First Semester Examinations held in January 2015, and stood first among the affiliated Colleges of Anna University, Chennai Tamil Nadu.
- For past six years more than 90% of our faculty members have been achieving cent percent results in every Semester in various subjects in the University examinations.
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
- The Mathematics Department is recognized as Research Centre by Anna University since 2011.
- The Senior Professor in the Department has been recognized as Research Supervisor by Anna University and he has guided more than 10 research scholars. He has received “Bharat Shiksha Ratan Award” for excellence in chosen field of activity awarded by global society for health and educational growth, New Delhi in the year 2011.
- Ten faculty members are pursuing research in the department.
- The Department of Atomic Energy and National Board of Higher Mathematics had sanctioned a project proposal with a funding Rs.12 lakhs for a period of three years. The faculty members have published more than 50 journal publications in peer reviewed and impact factor journals.
- Most of them are life members and members in number of professional bodies such as IMS, IAENG, ISRD, ISTE, etc.
- Mathematics faculty are also highly proficient in LATEX, MATHEMATICA and MATLAB Software.
- They have also authored more than 8 books for benefit of the student community.
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
- The English Department caters to the immediate requirement of communication skills and language ability of the students at different levels.
- One of the faculty members is recognized as member of Board of Studies for all affiliated institutions under Anna University.
- They have more than 5 journal publications and also authored more than three books.
- The English faculty members are trained by British Council of India to handle and conduct BEC exams to students.
- They are also proficient in conducting soft skills and campus connect programme (Infosys) to the students.
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- The Physics department is recognized as Research Centre by Anna University since 2013.
- One Professor in the Department has been recognized by Anna University as Research supervisor and she is guiding research scholars.
- The faculty members of physics department have a good publication record of more than 12 journal publications in leading Annexure I peer reviewed journals as prescribed by Anna University.
- The Faculty members of the department are experts and specialized in various fields of research such as Synthesis of materials having NLO, ferroelectric properties, etc.
- Most of them are members of professional bodies such as ISTE, IACG, MRS, Singapore, etc. and they have also authored more than 5 text books and Laboratory Manual.
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- The Chemistry department is recognized as Research Centre by Anna University since 2011.
- Two associate Professors in the Department have been recognized by Anna University and Bharathiyar University as Research supervisors and they are guiding research scholars.
- Active research is going on the department in the field of waste water treatment using Ultrafiltration Membranes, Eco-friendly Electroless plating of copper for printed circuit boards, corrosion studies on aluminum and mild steel, Electrochemistry, Phyto Chemistry, Material Chemistry, Polymer clay Nano composites, etc.
- AICTE has recognized one of the Associate professors for Career Award for young Teachers with a grant of Rs. 10.5 lakhs for a period of three years. The faculty members have a good publication record of more than 15 Journal publications in leading peer reviewed journals as prescribed by Anna University.
- Most of them are life members of professional bodies such as IMS, IAENG, etc. and they have also authored more than 3 text books and Laboratory Manual.