ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department is accrediated by NBA for Three years.The department has an intake of 60 students and offers subjects relevant to current industrial needs like Industrial Instrumentation, Process Control, Logic and Distributed Control System, Power Plant Instrumentation, Computer Control of process, Robotics & Automation, MEMS and embedded system. The department has engineering design and analytical tools such as MATLAB / SIMULINK, LabVIEW, WONDERWARE INTOUCH, KEYENCE, GEFANUC and PSPICE.
The Department has well equipped Laboratories to cater to the needs of curriculum prescribed by Anna University with an investment of rupees 60 lakhs.
- Transducer and Measurements Laboratory
- Process Control Laboratory
- Thermodynamics Laboratory
- Industrial Instrumentation Laboratory
- Virtual Instrumentation Laboratory
- Instrumentation System Design Laboratory
- Linear and Digital Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Electronics Devices and Circuits Laboratory
- Project Laboratory
The department has close networking relationship with professional bodies and experts from leading industries to impart their knowledge to students in the various emerging fields of Instrumentation engineering. A well-equipped conference hall with LCD projector is available for conducting co – curricular and placement activities. Apart from the Central Library, the department is provided with a separate library comprising of 398 volumes of books, journals and computer based tutorials.
The department is headed by a Professor with Doctorate Degree in Embedded system. He is supported by an able team of faculty consisting of one Professor, three Associate Professors and nine Assistant Professors to impart high quality education. Three faculty members are doctorates and four are pursuing Ph.D. Degree in Anna University, Chennai.
The department has four Center of Excellences conducting various Training Classes for the Interested students and faculty, Road Show for students, Mini project contest etc.
1. Building Management Systems - Johnson Control India Pvt. Ltd
2. Factory Automation - Mitsubishi Electric India Pvt. Ltd
3. Automotive Electronics - KPIT Technologies
4. Embedded Systems - Wipro Embedded Systems
The department has consistent Pass percentage and Placement record from the inception. An excellent academic environment is available for creative and productive work for both faculty and students.